Sunday, April 10, 2022

Lord's Supper Worship Service

 Lord's Supper - instituted at the last Passover meal (night of Jesus' betrayal)
Matt. 26:17-19, 26-28  1 Cor. 11:23-26

So.... Lord's Supper/ Communion. Euchrist/ etc. .... whatever form and tradition... it is:

(1)  a recognition of His Substitutionary death
(2)  a celebration of our part in that ... ie:  forgiveness, reconciliation, eternal life, etc.
(3)  a proclamation of our confidence (faith) in Him - what He'd DONE, DOING, going to DO!!

 On one hand = a very Personal event

However = celebrated Corporately ... as a church!!!

Special:  "A Picture of Good Friday" - written by Joan Babcock

 Today I saw a picture of Golgotha's lonely hill

There were three crosses standing there

Two hung against their will.

But the third man was so diff’rent as quietly He stayed

Upon the cruel cross, while on Him my sins were laid.

 He cried, "Oh Father, where are You? Why have You left me here

To pay the price that You demand for these whom You hold dear?

But Father if this be Thy will, I want it to be done,

I willingly lay down my life to buy back ev'ryone."\

 Then I saw Him lift His thorn-crowned head and gasp thru bleeding lips,

"Father, it is finished," and from this life He slipped.

 *And, at that moment, the price was paid.

My slate was new and clean. And only my selfish, foolish

pride could ever stand between

 a life of sin or one of joy where all has been made new.

And Jesus, so You know again, today I'm choosing You.  * back to*

Tag:   Yes, Jesus, now You know again that I have chosen You.

The Story:

Matt. 26:36-50, 55-68   Matt. 27:11-54, 57-60

This is NOT the End of the story ... only = our focus today!!!

Taking of the bread

Matt. 26:26

Taking of the wine 

Matt. 26:27-28

Final Songs =

 "Jesus Messiah"

"Go Now In Peace"

Closing Scripture:  Num. 6:24-26

 

 

 

 

No comments: